Broccoli, brown rice and cashew salad
Updated: Dec 24, 2020
Credit: Jo Elwin - Bite Magazine
1 cup Brown Rice (cooked)
1 head Broccoli, Large
2 Spring onions, finely chopped
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Mixed Lettuce leaves
1/2 C Mint leaves, sliced
1/4 C Fresh Coriander, sliced
2 tsp Sesame Oil
2 TBSP Soy Sauce
2 TBSP Mirin
1 tsp Ginger, finely grated
1 TBSP Tahini
1/2 C Toasted Cashew Nuts,
2 TBSP Sesame Seeds
METHOD: 1. Cook brown rice according to packet instructions, drain, rinse under cold water and set aside.
2. Cut broccoli into small florets and blanch for a couple of minutes until just tender then cool under cold water and leave to drain well.
3. Trim the tough outer parts from the stem of the broccoli and cut into small pieces and place in a large bowl.
4. Add the spring onion, lettuce leaves (broken into small pieces if large), tomatoes, mint, coriander, cooked rice and broccoli to the bowl.
5. Mix the sesame oil, soy, mirin and grated ginger together in a jug. Place the tahini in a bowl and slowly add the soy mixture, whisking to incorporate.
6. Pour over the salad and toss lightly to combine.
7. Sprinkle with cashew nuts and sesame seeds before serving.